Today, Fast Consumer Trends is forming the CPG industry. Constantly changing market conditions and competitive conditions is forcing CPG industry into dynamic supply chain management. Competition in the CPG industry is mostly on store shelves or earliest shipment to consumers.
Omni-Channel and e-commerce growth is also putting the spotlight on warehouse performance in the consumer packaged goods industry. Large distribution center replenishment orders, direct to store and direct to consumer shipment coordination from traditional retailers responding to “want-it-now!” consumers are creating new pressures.
In addition to coordinating overseas manufacturing and transportation efforts with suppliers and co-packers, you must be able to meet a variety of retail client requests for compliance, labeling, product bundling, and assembly while avoiding stock-outs. All of the spoils are going to those that can fulfill the “perfect order” on time, every time as part of a new Omni-Channel ecosystem that requires flexible systems and processes including:
Logiwa WMS benefits for your CPG
- Improvement in shipment of goods.
- Effective tracking of goods’ expire date, lot/batch number information
- Inventory visibility and accuracy
- Growing number of e-commerce, single line, low multi-line orders
- LTL and parcel carrier integration
- Faster packing, labeling and prepacking processes.
- Customer specific packing and labeling
- Traceability along the supply chain.
- Inbound goods management
- Inventory management and control
- Lot/batch no traceability
- Kitting / bundling
- Waving and picking based on various order types
- EDI / ASN Integration with big-box retailers